When it comes to starting an online dating website you need to know the ins and outs of how it all works and how much you can expect to get out of it otherwise you’ll be spinning your wheels going nowhere.
At AdvanDate we don’t want to just sell you dating software, we want to educate you on the online dating business. By going into this industry you must do so with the right knowledge or you will fail at it. By providing you the right direction and guidance you can be better prepared to enter the online dating site world.
The first thing you should know is that you can NOT compete in the general dating market. General dating market consists of sites like match.com, eharmony.com and other general mainstream dating sites. Unless you have millions of dollars in advertising you just can’t compete at that level. What you can do is compete in the niche market dating world. By niche market I mean specialized dating. An example of niche market dating would be a site for seniors or a site for dog lovers. You can even expand your niche like having a senior dating site for Christians. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating a niche dating site. They key to this however is how many you start. More on that in a bit.
How much money can you make? I get this question a lot. There is really no one answer for this but what I can say is that your revenue for your niche dating site will be dependent on your traffic. Traffic is key and without it you will make no money. The more traffic you have the more money you can make. If it’s a specific number you’re looking for then I can tell you from past experience and from other customers that you can see around $2000 and up per niche per month. I can tell you that some niche dating sites do over $20,000 per month. The key to making more money is to have more dating sites. Don’t just settle for one niche dating site. Create as many niche dating sites as you can handle. If one site makes you $1000 per month, what will 20 sites make you? You can do the math.
Running a dating site takes a commitment and it should revolve around your hobbies. If you’re into motorcycles then by all means, start a motorcycle dating site. Create a few of them. A motorcycle dating site, a motorcycle christian dating site, a motorcycle dating site for the city you live in. You can see the possibilities are endless. The more the better.
Now for some quick tips.
- If you’re dating site is free, put AdSense on it to monetize it.
- Use Country Blocking Tool to block out countries like Senegal, Nigeria and Ghana.
- Verify your members using the IP Scan Tool in the software to see if the IP is a known scammer. Then block them.
- Approve all members quickly.
- Be personable with your members. Answer all emails they send promptly.
- If you’re a paid site then offer a monthly membership and a lifetime membership.
- Be honest and upfront with your members. They will reward you for it.
- Run specials, promotions and giveaways.
- Use social media (Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus) often.
- Post your site to dating directories.
- Write press releases and get them out there.
- Use ad networks like nicheadnetwork.com and AdWords to promote your site.
- Promote Promote Promote.
If you need more assistance with your new dating site then feel free to call us. We’re here to help.